HOW CAN THE HAIR EXPO AWARDS ELEVATE YOUR CAREER?
The Hair Expo Awards celebrate outstanding talent in the Australian and New Zealand hairdressing industry. They show-case incredible craftsmanship, passion and dedication. Importantly, the Hair Expo Awards represent the complete picture of what exceptional hairdressing is, recognising both outstanding creativity as well as business acumen.
Are you ready to step into the spotlight?
Entries due Wednesday 1 April 2020, 5PM AEDT (Sydney, Australia time)
THE WINNING FORMULA
What makes these awards special both in the Creative and Business categories is that you get the chance to describe your entire body of work throughout the year. This includes your career highlights, scope of work, how you have inspired others, given back, and raised industry standards. Specifically in the majority of the Creative Categories, your entry not only celebrates your artistic genius through your photographic collection, but of equal value, your written submission marks the depth of your passion and success and your commitment to yourself, your business and your craft. It takes something special to deliver this winning combination. Please note: Creative Category entrants (with the exception of Master Stylist of the Year and Master Cutter of the Year) are only required to submit a written submission if announced as a finalist.
“THE HAIR EXPO AWARDS GIVE YOU A PLATFORM TO DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. YOU SHOULD ENTER...GO FOR IT!”
“ENTERING THE HAIR EXPO AWARDS OPENED A LOT OF DOORS IN MY CAREER”
“ANYONE THAT IS THINKING ABOUT ENTERING, JUST DO IT. DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. IT WILL BE THE BEST THING YOU DO IN YOUR CAREER.”
WHAT’S NEW IN 2020?
You asked and we listened…
1. The judging panel is now made up of international judges only.
2. There is no longer the need to print and post your photographic collections, as everything is uploaded online. This represents a significant time and cost-savings if you are a creative category entrant.
3. Session Stylist of the Year has been adapted to the new Master Stylist of the Year category and entry has become simpler with a requirement of only 3 collection photos and no written submission. It is also now open to all hairdressers with a love of styling, in addition to Session Stylists.
4. The Men’s category has been refreshed to Men’s Cutter & Stylist of the Year, ensuring we celebrate a range of skills in barbering and men’s hairdressing.
5. In the categories of Australian Hairdresser of the Year, New Zealand Hairdresser of the Year & Colour Technician of the Year, entrants will now be required to supply an approx. 5-10 second video of each of their completed models.
Relive the glitz and glamour of the 2019 Hair Expo Awards by viewing the highlights gallery.
2019 AWARD WINNERS
Explore the winners and finalists of the 2019 Hair Expo Awards in the gallery.